Hedges Cabernet Sauvignon Retail value: $44.99
- Dark red garnet color. Blackberry, cassis, anise, cinnamon, and cloves. Tame, yet exotic spices. Hints of cumin, coriander, and a touch of wild sage. A bit of figs, vanilla bean, and dusty earth. Black fruit flavors have an impact on the entry, and a hint of sweet spice, earth and vanilla linger on the long finish. There is a lot going on in this wine, the perfect amount of “rough around the edges” youngness but showing great potential for an older refined wine. A manly wine in disguise, this is the well-dressed quiet lady at the poker table who will pull out the royal flush and leave you, well, flush.
Illahe Pinot Noir Retail value: $24.99
- The aromas of the 2019 Illahe Vineyards Willamette Valley Pinot Noir begin with strawberry, tamarind, and blackberry then broaden along the palate to include chalk, tobacco leaf, chocolate, and earth. The acid supports a complete, yet not overwhelming tannin balanced between skin and oak. The wine retains its velvet mouthfeel through a process of clarification by racking. For an entry level pinot, this wine is a great value and will last 6 to 12 years under the best condition
Rombauer Chardonnay Retail value: $41.99
- Pale light yellow with a green hue. Aromas of ripe peach, honeydew, and lemon rind intertwine seamlessly with vanilla and spice. The aromas are followed by flavors of lychee and yellow peach which meld perfectly with the cream texture, vanilla, and slight butter. The finish builds with more peach and spice, while the acidity maintains the freshness and structure. The wine will continue to gain weight and depth over the next 12 months, revealing additional notes of nectarine, butter, and spice.
Cade Sauvignon Blanc Retail value: $31.99
- Our 2019 has aromas of pineapple, tangerine, honeydew melon, yellow apple, peach blossom, lime, white flowers, and cantaloupe. The wine has flavors of pear, lemon, lime zest, orange peel, cream soda, toasted nuts, citrus, lemon meringue, and grapefruit. There is a touch of minerality in the palate, but the wine has a mid-palate that is rounded and a touch creamy, but it finishes with a tangy citrus like acidity.
- Set of cloth cocktail napkins
- 2 stemless crystal wine glasses
- Wine saver and assorted chocolates
For the Love of Wine
see flyer below for details
Clos de Napa Cabernet Sauvignon Retail value: $29.99
- Sweet plum and cherry flavors fill the middle of this wine, captured by dry, dusty, assertive oak tannins in the end. The floral aspects of the fruit hold on in the presence of the oak, giving a clean, rosy impression to balance the finish.
Stags’ Leap Cabernet Sauvignon Retail value: $61.99
- The 2016 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon is plush and inviting, with an enticing array of brambly blackberry fruit along with raspberry sorbet notes alongside nuances of lifted violet, allspice, sweet cinnamon, clove, cedar, and crushed bay leaves. On the palate, the dark berry fruits proliferate with blackberry, plum and cassis, but there are also savory elements showcasing light herbal notes and earth, giving this Cabernet a classic depth and elegance. Seamlessly integrated oak and refined tannins provide a smooth mouthfeel and add layers of complexity, all wrapping up with a lengthy textured finish. Incredibly approachable and pleasing upon release, this wine is sure to impress and pair well alongside many culinary treats.
Rose Rock Pinot Noir Retail value: $36.99
- Our Roserock Pinot Noir is a cuvée selection from the estate’s 35 blocks, which are handpicked, sorted, and individually fermented. While Pinot Noirs from the Eola-Amity Hills are typically known for their structure and power, Véronique Drouhin emphasizes Roserock’s elegant and refined qualities, making for a delicious and age worthy cuvée.
Rombauer Merlot Retail value: $52.99
- Aromas of fresh, ripe blueberries, ripe plum and black currant intertwine with notes of cedar, vanilla, and pie crust. This medium bodied wine is plush with flavors of plums, blueberries, and figs upfront, leading to juicy red fruit on the midpalate. Delicious now, its depth and structure provide long cellaring potential.
Chateau Saint-Andre Corbin Bordeaux Retail value: $25.99
- Intense purple robe. Rich fruity nose of ripe Merlot: chocolate and toasty oak flavors. Fresh red fruits with fresh strawberry notes, light spices, harmonious tannins, with exceptional freshness. It has all the characteristics of ageing potential and concentration.
Telegramme Chateauneuf du Pape Retail value: $53.99
- Because of coulure in the Grenache, the 2017 Chateauneuf du Pape Telegramme has higher-than-usual percentages of Mourvdre and Syrah in the blend. It's darker fruited, with cola and plum notes, a rich, velvety and slightly coarse feel on the palate and decent length. It should still be consumed over the near term (6-7 years).
Newton Family Chardonnay Retail value: $55.99
- Boasting vibrant aromas of tangerine blossom and wet stone, the 2016 Unfiltered Chardonnay is beautifully balanced with a pleasant crisp character. In the glass, it exhibits a light straw color with a faint green hue.
Far Niente Chardonnay Retail value: $69.99
- Far Niente Chardonnay is one of the few Napa Valley Chardonnays that benefit with extended age, becoming even more inviting with time. Made with an absence of malolactic fermentation—which retains the grape’s natural acidity—Far Niente Chardonnay’s delightfully forward fruit and bright acidity in youth gently evolve with time to a sophisticated, creamy, and rich palate profile. Depending on the bottle size and with proper cellaring, Far Niente Chardonnay can be enjoyed for 5-to-10 years beyond the vintage date, and longer.
Cakebread Sauvignon Blanc Retail value: $35.99
- Aromas of fresh pink grapefruit, sweet citrus and hay burst with freshness on the nose. Cool melon tones balance pink grapefruit on the palate, accented by ripe acidity and a subtle mineral citrus finish.
Domaine Du Vieux Lazaret Chateauneuf du Pape Retail value: $46.99
- A blend of Grenache Blanc, Clairette, Bourboulenc and Roussanne, this dry white balance crisp pineapple and peach flavors against hints of nuts and smoke. It's mouthwatering and silky on the palate but finishes with a refreshing mineral lift. Lovely already it should develop smokier, earthen complexities with time.
Jean-Paul and Benoit Droin Chablis Retail value: $32.99
- Chablis is an historic wine-producing town and region in northern central France. It produces light, dry, white wines famed for their flinty minerality and crisp acidity. AOC Chablis wines are produced exclusively from the Chardonnay grape variety. Chablis wines are made in a style rather different from those produced elsewhere in Burgundy. They are drier and fresher, rather than more weighty and richly flavored. Most basic Chablis is fermented and aged in stainless steel, with use of oak barrels more common in higher-level wines, though used larger barrels are more likely to be employed than new barriques, and wines will spend a shorter time in them than in the Côte d'Or.
Fournier Sancerre Retail value: $33.99
- Clear golden green reflections. Nose: Well-developed aromas reminding syringe, red fruits, the blackcurrant evolving towards minerality after a while in the glass. Palate: Full and round at first, followed by a certain vivacity.
- Hand quilted wine-themed table runner
- Set of cloth cocktail napkins
- 4 Lenox crystal wine glasses
- Wine opener, aerator, and wine saver
- Assorted chocolates
second Place Basket list of wines and their descriptions
SOROPTIMIST INTERNATIONAL OF GROSSE POINTE (SIGP)
First Place Basket list of wines and their descriptions